The dry, yet sweet and succulent date are a popular snack in the Middle East Asia. Belonging to the drupe family of fruits, these are available in a multitude of colors, shapes, and sizes, depending on their site of origin. However, the benefits they gift for your skin and hair remains the same. Loaded with assorted minerals including calcium, iron, copper, magnesium, manganese, folic acid, and sulfur and proteins and vitamins, these are rich sources of fiber too. Read on to know the goodness of dates for your skin and hair….
Skin Benefits Of Dates: The presence of the B vitamins along with vitamin A as well as minerals such as iron, calcium, and magnesium, make a very popular skin food.
- For better elasticity of the skin: Loaded with vitamin C, dates does wonders in soothing the skin and keeping it hydrated. It also possesses the potential to retain the moisture level and improve the skin elasticity.
- Gifts you with a younger looking skin: Free radicals prevail in human body and when left untamed, these harmful elements trigger oxidative stress to the cells, paving way for the onset of signs of premature ageing. Regular intake of dates, especially the black and red ones, can ward off these undesirable lines and wrinkles, bequeathing you with youthful skin.
- Natural effective remedy for various skin problems: Dates are rich sources of vitamin B. And, studies have proven that this group of vitamins are essential for easing various skin disorders. Get rid of your acne scars and stretch marks by applying mashed dates with honey.
- Heals damaged skin cells: Dry dates are abundant reservoirs of panthothenic acid. This vitamin belonging to the B vitamin group has immense power to avert the damages triggered by free radicals. Regular intake of dates is known to strengthen the skin from within, keeping it supple and glowing.
You can also use dates to hasten the healing of various wounds and injuries that skin has been susceptible to.
Hair Benefits Of Dates: The nutrient dense dates supply a steady dose of nutrients adequate for your hair follicles to grow the right way. This, in turn, keeps your hair healthy and strong.
- Stronger hair: Just 3 dates a day can bestow your hair with nutrients sufficient to keep the follicles and strands healthier and stronger.
- Natural remedy for hair loss: Replenished with vitamin B, these succulent snacks are wonderful remedies for hair loss. It also contains iron, yet another prime element that prevent hair loss. The roots are nourished from within, making the strands tensile and strong. This prevents hair loss.
- For longer, thicker hair: Dates oil can be massaged on to scalp to reap the nutrients hidden it for a longer, stronger, and thicker hair.
These lush benefits of dates for skin and hair are so tempting that you cannot give any lame excuses for excluding it from your diet. Try it and feel the difference!