With change in weather, comes cold and flu! While we know that nothing can completely cure the common cold, there are certainly remedies to help ease the symptoms. When you are irritated with your inflamed nose and throat and bored of sniffing all the time, you certainly need a hot drink to soothe your nose and throat. The following 4 cold fighting hot drinks will do just that!
APPLE CIDER GINGER DRINK:
All you need is
- 2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar – boosts your immune system.
- 1 tablespoon honey,
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup water.
- Mix apple cider vinegar to a cup of hot water.
- Add lemon juice and honey to it.
- Drink hot.
CHICKEN BROTH WITH GARLIC AND GINGER:
This chicken broth mixed with garlic juice instantly relieves stuffed/runny nose and soothes sore throat. All you need is 1 bowl hot chicken broth, 2 tablespoons concentrated garlic juice/paste and 1 tablespoon ginger juice.
Method: mix all the ingredients, bring to boil and consume hot!
GINGER SPICED TEA:
All you need is
- 2 cups filtered water,
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger – good for sinus trouble and congestion
- 1 tablespoon honey – an antibiotic that helps to soothe your throat
- and ½ lemon, juiced – to boost up the immune system
- dash of cinnamon – antioxidant-rich spice
- Add grated ginger to the water and allow to steep for 3 minutes.
- Mix freshly squeezed lemon juice and a tablespoon of honey together and strain the ginger tea into it.
- Stir it well to dissolve the honey, add a dash of cinnamon and enjoy.
POMEGRANATE WITH APPLE CIDER:
This hot drink will not only relieve you from cold but will also boost your immunity. You need 1 cup pomegranate juice, 3 cups apple cider, 3 cinnamon sticks and 4 cloves.
Method: heat all the ingredients until it boils and consume hot!
Turmeric is a spice that contains strong anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties which make it best drink to tackle colds, congestion, headache, and sore throats. TURMERIC MILK RECIPE >>
Try these simple hot drinks for instant relief from cold and flu!