Oily skin can be a pain to deal with. The accumulation of excess oil on the outer skin layer often leads to whiteheads, blackheads, blind pimples and other skin irritations. The excess oil results from the sebaceous glands in the skin producing excess sebum. Some may have very oily skin others may experience oiliness only on the ‘T-Zone’ that is on the forehead, nose and chin. Such type of skin is called combination skin and the oiliness can be controlled with simple homemade face masks!
Here I am with 3 DIY Masks for oily ‘T-Zone’ or combination type skin:
VINEGAR YOGURT FACE MASK
- Vinegar work as a great exfoliating agent and they have mild antiseptic, astringent, and soothing properties that make them a great home remedy for oily skin. The malic acid helps exfoliate e dead skin cells and absorbs excess oil from the skin’s surface.
- Yogurt contains lactic acid that helps gently exfoliate the skin and absorbs excess oil from the face.
Things you need: 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 2-3 tablespoons yogurt
Method: Combine both the ingredients to make a smooth paste. Apply it on your face and wash off after 15 minutes.
BUTTERMILK HONEY FACE MASK
- Buttermilk contains lactic acid and helps absorb excess oil without drying out the skin.
- Honey can help reduce excess oil on the skin’s surface and clear pores. Honey has moisturizing properties that nourish the skin and keep it sufficiently moisturized without making it oily. Also, the natural antiseptic property of honey is highly beneficial for acne-prone oily skin.
Things you need: 4-5 tablespoons buttermilk and 1 teaspoon honey.
Method: Mix the 2 ingredients and apply it on face with cotton ball. You may keep it overnight or wash off after 20 minutes.
OATMEAL FACE MASK
- Oatmeal cleanses the pores, nourishes the skin and absorbs excess oil.
- Milk is a great oil-free cleanser that can make oily skin soft and supple. Milk has alpha hydroxyl acids that gently exfoliate the skin and also help maintain the skin’s natural pH balance.
Things you need: 4-5 tablespoons milk and oatmeal enough to make a thick paste/mixture.
Method: take milk on in bowl. Add oatmeal little by little until a thick mixture is obtained. Apply on face and wash off after 15-20 minutes.
**Note: Use all organic ingredients to reap maximum benefits. Homemade buttermilk and yogurt works the best!