Gram flour (besan or Chickpea flour) has been traditionally used in India to make natural skin and hair care products. Chickpea flour, makes an excellent all natural shampoo leaving your hair soft and clean. Rich in protein, chickpea flour cleans your scalp and makes your hair shiny and strong.
You will need:
- 2 tbsp of Chickpea Flour
- Water as needed
- 1-2 tsp of Honey
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- Few drops of Essential oil (optional)
- Put 1-2 tablespoons of gram flour depending on the length of your hair in a bowl.
- Stir in small amounts of water until it becomes a paste of your desired consistency or the consistency of a normal shampoo.
- Make sure to break any lumps or filter the shampoo for a smooth consistency.
- Since the shampoo will not have any scent you can add in few drops of essential oils.
To Use: While in shower, massage the flour shampoo on to damp hair and scalp for few minutes before you rinse off thoroughly with warm water. If your hair feels too dry after wash then use coconut oil hair spray.
Quick Tips: This shampoo works wonders for all hair types but if you have extreme dry hair then use a conditioner or add honey or oil to the shampoo to moisturize your hair naturally. Try using a hot oil treatment before using the shampoo to make your hair longer, stronger and healthier.