Clean hair follicles are important to maintain healthy hair and promote hair growth. Hair products that you use on a daily basis can cause clogged pores, product build up and dead skin that accumulate in your scalp can cause your hair to look dull, greasy as well as result in slower hair growth.
Detox your scalp to get beautiful hair
Scalp detox treatment includes a mask and a scalp massage that helps to exfoliate the scalp, remove any build up to let your scalp breath. The mask helps to detoxify the hair follicles, roots, oil glands and scalp.
For a detox mask, you will need:
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Use a generous amount of the mask on your scalp
- Using your finger tips massage your scalp in gentle circular motion.
- Wrap a shower cap around your hair such that it covers your scalp and hair completely.
- Leave it on for about 10-15 minutes.
- Shampoo and condition as usual
Massaging your scalp with your finger tips helps stimulate your scalp, increase circulation, and helps remove dead skin cells that could be clogging the pores. The detox treatment can keep your scalp healthy and prevent the hair follicles from becoming polluted with buildup and oil. (Be sure to consult with a doctor before trying this alternative treatment, especially if you have a sensitive scalp.)
Finish your detox treatment off with an apple cider vinegar rinse. Rinsing your hair with apple cider vinegar will help kill the bacteria that causes dandruff and itchy scalp. The rinse will leave your scalp clean and healthy, giving your hair extra shine.