Salt lamps are simply large pieces of pure Himalayan Salt with a small bulb inside. They can be solid pieces of salt or decorative baskets filled with large crystals of salt. Himalayan salt lamps have the ability to chemically and physically transform a room, and have unique health benefits. Salt crystal lamps are natural ion generators, emitting negative ions into the atmosphere. Negative ions restore and neutralize air quality. Negative ions can be used to treat illness and improve health. Here are some salt lamp benefits and uses:
The core benefit of these lamps is their incredible power to remove pollen, dust, cigarette smoke, and other contaminants from the air. Efficacy of salt lamp stems from hygroscopy, attracting and absorbing water molecules with contaminants inside, from the surrounding environment, trapping them into the salt crystal.
We certainly respond well to beautiful colours so there’s every reason to believe the beautiful pinkish orange glow of a crystal salt lamp would be beneficial for stress relief. The soft pink light of your Himalayan crystal salt lamp is the ideal soothing colour to look at and relax before bed. Doing so for a while before you go to your bedroom may even help you get to sleep. SCENTS THAT HAVE THE POWER TO HEAL
Himalayan pink salt lamps are a great way to naturally enhance your mood or to help you relax and unwind at the end of the day. At the same time and on the opposite side of the coin, HPS lamps are great for improving concentration. Again, this is due to the effect of the negative ions on your body, improving blood and oxygen supply to the brain and other organs.
Salt lamps can put you to comforting deep sleep. Over-exposure to positive ions in the air robs you of quality sleep. This happens because those positively-charged particles can actually reduce blood and oxygen supply to the brain resulting in irregular sleep patterns. Himalayan pink salt lamps are natural negative ion generators, thus they can help to reverse this problem. Keep one or two around your bedroom to improve the air quality so you can get a better night’s sleep. NATURAL DRINKS TO HELP GET BETTER SLEEP
One of the health detriments of breathing lots of positive ions in the air is that the cilia (microscopic hairs) which line the trachea (aka: windpipe) become sluggish and don’t work as well to keep contaminants out of our lungs. As a Himalayan pink salt lamp absorbs water and particles from the air, it also takes positive ions with them. Then, when the heated salt releases cleansed water vapour back into the air, it also expels negative ions which have the opposite effect on our airways- increasing cilial activity to keep your lungs clear.
RIGHT LOCATIONS FOR PLACING YOUR SALT LAMPS:
- Be careful while buing a himalayan salt lamp, there are many fake salt lamps in the market, choose the best option possible
- Child’s Bedroom: A perfect night light that will help them sleep and make them feel ‘safe and sound’. Salt lamps are completely safe.
- Lounge Room: Place next to the TV or other electrical devices to clear the air and reduce EMF (electromagnetic field) present in every home.
- Massage Rooms and Spas: A Salt Lamp or two in treatment rooms will greatly enhance your clients experience, keep the air fresh and create a calm, wellness environment.
- Office: A Salt lamp can help improve your concentration, reduce stress and energise you. Place a salt lamp on your desk near your computer to reduce EMF pollution and minimise the effects of the monitor radiation.