Rice water makes a good breakfast consider its health benefits. It is really easy to make and can also be a good alternative to the water/milk used to make oats porridge.
Rice water has proved superior to all artificial beauty products. It is good for health as well as used for the benefits of skin and hair. Consumption of rice water treats diarrhea. It controls blood pressure and also helps in dealing with Cancer. It reduces the body heat and also helps in dealing with constipation.
Here are the top health benefits of consuming rice water:
* Since rice is abundant in carbohydrates, rice water acts as fuel for the body and aids in the normal functioning of the brain.
* Rice water is extremely beneficial for your health, simply because it does not contain harmful fats, cholesterol or sodium. It forms an integral part of balanced diet. Any food that can provide nutrients without having any negative impacts on health is a bonus!
* Rice water is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals like niacin, vitamin D, calcium, fibre, iron, thiamine and riboflavin. These vitamins provide the foundation for body metabolism, immune system health, and general functioning of the organ systems, since vitamins are commonly consumed in the most essential activities in the body.
* Pepper clarifies the stomach and kills all unwanted bacteria, detoxifying the body from within!
* Indian black salt is considered a cooling spice in ayurvedic medicine and is recommended for many health issues such as constipation, indigestion, heartburn, bloating, flatulence, goiter, poor eyesight and hysteria.
Here is a recipe for an easy rice water breakfast. Things you need:
- 1 cup rice
- 2 pinches of indian black salt
- 1 pinch pepper powder
- 4 cups water
- Place 1 cup of rice in a sieve and rinse under running water. Transfer the rice to a pot along with 4 cups of water.
- Cook the rice until it is done, then drain through the sieve while mashing the rice.
- Pour the rice water in a bowl.
- Add Indian black salt and pepper.
- Consume warm!
Note: You can also add boiled vegetables and vegetable stock to make a healthy vegetable soup with rice water.