Peppermint is a very popular herb from a long time. Peppermint has been used widely in various ways, as a food, disinfectant, flavoring etc. Peppermint has made it presence felt in various areas like this as it truly is a beneficial herb that can solve many health issues. Peppermint is a tasty option to solve the most common health issues like bloating, intestinal cramps, irritable bowel or indigestion.
Weight loss: – Weight loss does not happen naturally and there are certain steps you need to follow to achieve the same. One of them is eating and drinking the right things. Peppermint tea is an appetite suppressant that helps us to inculcate healthy eating in our lifestyle. For best results, you can make a blend of peppermint tea and green tea and drink it. It will help you to increase your metabolism and also to shed your weight.
Getting a clear skin: – Peppermint tea helps you deal with skin problems. For getting best results with peppermint tea simply add peppermint tea to your bath water. It will help to soothe the rashes and burns and also skin inflammations.
Relieving Sinus: – The winter has set in which means, cold, flu and sinus attacks will also set in. You can save yourself from all these attacks if you include peppermint tea every day. Peppermint tea helps to relieve the sinuses and it soothes sore throat as well. Peppermint tea is also a natural decongestant.
Relieves stress: – Peppermint tea is the best thing to turn to if your are under stress and anxiety. The menthol present will help to relax the muscle. When relaxation of the muscle happens, it helps in an enormous component of natural stress and anxiety relief. It also helps to induce peaceful sleep. Peppermint tea should be consumed before going to bed for getting peaceful sleep and to wake up with a peaceful mind.
Stomach issues: – Peppermint tea has also been proved to be good for some stomach ailments like gas and bloating. To get the complete benefits, it is better to have a cup of tea in the evening. You can also have this tea before going to bed as it will help in digestion and in inducing good sleep.
Other uses of peppermint:-
- Peppermint is used for common cold, inflammation of mouth, sinus, and respiratory infections.
- Peppermint tea is also used for digestive issues such as nausea, heartburn, morning sickness, irritable bowel, cramps of the upper gastrointestinal (GI) tract and bile ducts, bacterial overgrowth of the small intestine, diarrhea and for stomach upset.
- Peppermint tea is also used for menstrual issue, gallbladder and liver complaints, as a stimulant and also to prevent spasms during the endoscopy procedures.
- Peppermint is a common flavoring agent in foods and beverages.
- Peppermint oil is inhaled to relieve from the symptoms of cold and flu.