Oil pulling method is making headlines today because it’s getting popular day-by-day. This is the oldest Ayurvedic method which is known to cure 30 diseases. This simple technique makes it possible to treat various diseases and avoid surgical operations and medicines. This method is known as oil pulling method because it “pulls out” bacterial, viruses and fungi from your mouth. Read on to know what exactly is “oil Pulling Method”.
What is oil pulling?
Oil pulling or also known as oil swishing, is basically a technique in which a person rinses their mouth with one tbsp. of cooking oil for 5-10 minutes and then spits it out. In this way the body gets rid of the toxic waste and this technique is repeated daily for effective results. This technique shows results and it has been proved by many practitioners.
Why oil pulling?
This method has the capability to improve oral and systemic health. It also improves many diseases like asthma, headaches, migraine, inflammation, whitening teeth and even skin problems like acne.
Which oil should you use?
Sesame oil is considered to be the best oil to perform the oil pulling technique. But you can also use virgin olive oil or coconut oil because they both are also equally good. Sesame Oil Skin and Hair Beauty Benefits.
How to do?
- Oil pulling should be the first thing to do in the morning after walking up, before breakfast and before brushing your teeth. Take one tablespoon of oil and pour it into your mouth.
- Swish the oil through your teeth just like you do with a mouthwash. After few minutes, the oil in your mouth will start getting watery as it will get diluted with your saliva.
- Keep pushing, pulling and drawing the oil through your teeth for about 20 minutes. This process is like cleaning your mouth using oil.
- Move the oil into your mouth using jaw muscles and with your tongue.
- Once the oil turns whitish, milkier and thinner you know that it’s time to spit it out. Do not swallow the oil as you will ingest the toxins you are trying to wipe out.
- The milky oil is an indication that all toxins have been pulled out and you did the process in right way. After splitting the oil, wash your mouth with saltwater or your regular mouthwash.
- Initially, you need to do this technique for at least 10 minutes and then after becoming a master, you can perform it for even 30-45 minutes easily.
- After repeating it for few days, it will become as easy as brushing your teeth. AYURVEDIC FOOT MASSAGE – BENEFITS AND HOW TO
- After doing this technique, wash your mouth with warm water.
- If your mouth is sore, it means you are applying too much pressure.
- Never ever swallow the oil.
- Initially, you will feel like puking but stick to the method if you want improved health. Start with a small quantity of oil.