Time and tide wait for none and so do the aging signs. Due to aging, the elastin and collagen structure of the skin loses elasticity and the skin loses some of its self-moisturizing components making it appeared loose and saggy. Plus, age can make the facial muscles weak, which also contributes to saggy skin. Skin not only needs tightening over the face but also over the tummy and rest of the body.
Apart from aging, things that contribute to sagging skin are sun rays, intake of alcoholic beverages, pregnancy, obesity, dehydration etc. A turkey neck or sagging jowls can happen to anyone, but there are a few natural ways to mitigate sagging skin, no matter what the cause. Here are some the natural ways which can be used to tighten the skin.
- Egg whites are a natural astringent and hence work as a good remedy for sagging skin. Its skin-nourishing ingredient hydro lipids help lift loose skin.
- Aloe vera is best when it comes to firming and tightening loose skin. The malic acid in aloe vera gel helps improve the elasticity of your skin and get rid of sagging skin. Plus, it is a natural moisturizer for your skin. Extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf and smear it on your face and neck. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy several times a week.
- To tighten loose and saggy skin, you can also use cucumber. It is one of the best natural skin toners and has a refreshing and rejuvenating effect on skin.
- Honey has natural hydrating, antioxidant and anti aging properties that are helpful for treating sagging skin. Mix two to three teaspoons of honey and a few drops each of lemon juice and olive oil. Apply it on your face and neck, let it dry and then rinse it off with warm water. Do this once or twice daily for best results.
- Another good remedy for sagging skin is cinnamon. It helps accelerate collagen production, which is essential for firm, tight skin. Mix one teaspoon each of cinnamon powder and turmeric powder with enough olive oil to make a paste. Then mix in one-half teaspoon of sugar or salt. Scrub your face with this and wash with lukewarm water.
- Rose water is a natural astringent, thus it is a great toner and helps tighten loose skin. Plus, it is excellent for maintaining clear and glowing skin.
- Fuller’s earth, also known as multani mitti, stimulates blood circulation and improves skin elasticity. Mix one tablespoon of fuller’s earth powder with enough water (or rose water) to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on the face and neck and allow it to dry. Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Drinking a lot of water not only improves your overall health, it also will help your skin to become tighter, smoother, and look more radiant. Be sure to drink at least 6 glasses of water per day. If you can drink more than that, even better. Hydration is wonderful for your skin and certainly helps with the elasticity of such.
- Use a moisturizer that has vitamin E in it, so that your skin will stay moist, as this allows for new skin cells to grow. Moisturizing also helps with minimizing wrinkles. You can even use coconut oil on your skin. Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer and has antibacterial properties to soothe the skin. It is often used in commercial and DIY body lotions, but it can be used on its own as well.
- Chances are your belly has some stretched skin if you’ve lost a lot of weight. Tightening the tummy area is much more possible if you take time a few times per week to exercise that area. Commit to belly toning exercises such as crunches, air bike, leg raises, sit ups, side bridges, and pelvic thrusts.
- Head to your favourite masseuse to get weekly or biweekly massages, as they are known to help increase blood circulation that is helpful to your skin. As nice as they are, you don’t necessarily need a massage therapist to massage your skin, as you can do it yourself or have your partner do this for you. You can add to the massage your favourite essential oils diluted in carrier oil and inhale them to reach new levels of calmness.