Headaches, including migraines, are extremely common. There are the obvious choices for zapping the pain, such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. But if your headaches are persistent or other medications just aren’t cutting it, here is an easy and natural approach you can consider- Headache relief balm. Recipe below-
Coconut oil- Coconut oil makes a gre4at base for the balm. It contains oils and helps them seep into the skin.
Peppermint oil- Peppermint oil has great anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties.
Eucalyptus oil- Eucalyptus helps relieve stress, reduce headache and also is effective against headache related to cold.
RECIPE FOR DIY HEADACHE RELIEF BALM:
Things you need-
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon beeswax
- 7-8 drops peppermint oil
- 7-8 drops eucalyptus oil
- In a bowl, add melted coconut oil and beeswax. It is important to ensure that the oils are added in liquid form, once you add in essential oils you cannot heat it.
- Add in essential oils and quickly stir.
- Pour the oil mixture in a tin or tiny jar and let it set until hardened.
- Use it on the temples of your forehead to relieve headache.
*One of the most useful home remedies for reducing headaches and migraine pain involves making changes to your diet. Certain foods have been shown to affect the frequency and severity of headaches and migraine pain, including dairy; chocolate; peanut butter; certain fruits, such as avocado, banana, and citrus; onions; meats with nitrates, such as bacon and hot dogs; foods containing monosodium glutamate (MSG); foods containing tyramine, an amino acid found in red wine; and foods that are fermented or pickled. Keep track of these trigger foods and your reaction to them with a food diary.
**Caution: Patch test before using. Never use essential oils directly on the skin.