Cinnamon for hair growth:
The best way to stimulate hair growth and add an overall shine is by using a cinnamon mask. You will need:
- Organic ceylon Cinnamon
- organic Olive Oil
- Take 2 tbsp of warm olive oil and combine with a tsp organic cinnamon powder.
- Part your hair and apply liberally on the scalp and gently massage it in for better effects.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
- If you feel a tingling sensation then don’t worry, it is just the mask working on your scalp.
- Rinse the mixture off with a shampoo.
- Apply the paste once each week as a hair treatment to promote hair growth and stop hair loss.
** Warning**: Even though cinnamon is natural, it’s possible you may have an allergy reaction on the scalp that could cause irritation so do a patch test before using the cinnamon on your scalp.
For many of you, it maybe a big surprise to know that cinnamon can be of different type. Use organic ceylon or “true” cinnamon for hair treatments which is better quality and much safer.
Cinnamon To Lighten Hair:
Mix together 1-cup honey, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 Tbsp. Organic ceylon Cinnamon and apply to damp hair, concentrate on the areas that you want highlights or just apply all over. Cover the hair with a plastic cap and leave on hair for 3 to 4 hours before you shampoo and condition as usual. You may have to repeat the process a few times to get desired results. Cinnamon to purify and detox scalp.
Cinnamon for dry, damaged hair:
This hair mask moisturizes, nourishes and smooths the hair, making it soft and shiny.
What You Need:
- Organic honey – 2 tablespoons
- Organic Cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon
- Banana pulp – 2 tablespoons
How to Use:
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply the blend on clean dry hair.
- Put a shower cap on and wrap your head with towel.
- Leave the mask on for 30-40 minutes.
- Rinse off the mask using your favorite shampoo and conditioner.
Cinnamon for dandruff:
What You Need:
- Organic yogurt – 2 tablespoons
- Organic cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
A massage of yogurt can surely be helpful in treating dandruff. Apply mixture generously on the head and gently massage your scalp. Leave the yogurt on your scalp for about 20-30 minutes. After the stipulated time is over, rinse your head with water. Use a mild shampoo so that all the remaining traces of yogurt are properly washed away and condition as usual.
Cinnamon to remove product build up:
Once a month wash your hair with an easy and inexpensive clarifying shampoo that gently absorbs oil and removes product buildup. Cinnamon is naturally antifungal and antiseptic. Using it on your hair helps eliminate bacteria and dandruff.
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Big squeeze of shampoo – roughly 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Combine ingredients and work the mixture through your hair, focusing on the scalp and roots. Give yourself a couple of minutes to massage into hair and enjoy a nice scalp massage to remove the accumulation of product and dead skin buildup. Rinse thoroughly with warm water. Note: this scrub isn’t recommended for color treated hair.