Having clean towels is a must as it belongs to regular hygienic. You cannot clean your face and body with stinky or dirty towel as it can lead to many skin problems. So, it’s essential to clean your towels regularly but detergents cause product build-up and they decrease the absorbance of the towels. Thus, it’s a good idea to wash towel with natural ingredients as they are highly effective and cheap way too.
Use white vinegar or lemon juice directly to the satin and scrub the stain using a soft brush. Let the juice stay for around 10-15 minutes so that it can penetrate easily. Now, blot the area using a damp sponge and the wash off the towel as usual.
Keep towels White:
Take water and add juice of 4-5 lemon in it. Boil the water for 20 minutes and then soak towel in this mixture. Let it stay for around one hour and then rinse off regularly using detergent. This is a good way to keep towels clean and white naturally.
Use hot water in washing machine and mix two tbsp of white vinegar in it. Now put your towel in the washing machine and wash off as usual without using detergent. After washing, let it air dry and you can see that the towel is thoroughly clean.
Remove Oil Stains:
It’s tough to remove oily stains from towel but if you remove the stain as soon as possible, it can be removed easily. Take one part of dishwashing detergent and 5 parts of hot water. Mix it and then apply this solution to the oil stain with a toothbrush and gently scrub it. Let it stay for 5-10 minutes and then clean the area using plain water. It will remove the oil stain to a great extent.
Get Rid Of Stinky Smell: Washing your face and using a stinky towel is the worst thing. You can get rid of the stinky smell easily using white vinegar and baking soda. First put some white vinegar in hot water in the washing machine and run the towels in the wash cycle. After one cycle, again put the towel in the washing machine with hot water and half-cup of baking soda. Run the machine again and then let it dry naturally. This is a great way to get rid of bad odor and to make trowels smell fresh.
- Always dry towels completely before folding or putting them away. If your towels are not completely dry then they can develop bad odor.
- Don’t use too-much detergent for washing towels as it can leave residue and can make your towel rough. Too much of anything is not good.
- Dry towel after every use by hanging them on towel bars.
- Add in few drops of essential oil to the last rinse to add fragrance to the towels.
- Dry towels naturally instead of using washing machine dryer as it can stain towels.
- Don’t use fabric softener as they cut the absorbance of the towels.