1RELIEVE A DRY COUGH
Honey is a natural home remedy for a dry cough, as it soothes the irritated tissue lining at the back of the throat. Honey has analgesic properties that eliminate the mucus and soothes your throat. Honey also has strong anti-oxidant and anti-microbial properties, which are effective for relieving cough. Lemon juice is known to help boost the immune system and also has antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- A simple recipe is a combination of 1-cup of warm, 1-2 teaspoon of organic honey and 2 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Mix well and drink.
- Take this mixture at the first sign of cough and be sure to take a dose before bed for a good night’s sleep.
** Honey contains a form of botulism that may be deadly to children. Do NOT give honey to children!
2HONEY LEMON CLEAR SKIN CLEANSER
Lemons help in the removal of dead skin cells, while honey is an incredible natural antibacterial agent, full of antioxidants that fight free radical damage to the skin.
- 1/3 cup (120 g) raw honey
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) castile soap
- 3 tablespoons distilled water
- 2 to 3 drops lemon essential oil
- Measure and combine the honey, liquid castile soap, and distilled water in a large measuring cup. Stir gently until the honey is all dissolved and combined.
- Stir in the essential oil. With a funnel, transfer the mixture to a bottle with a handy pump dispenser.
- To use, first swirl the bottle gently until you’ve recombined the ingredients. Then pump a small amount of the mixture into your hand, add a little water from the tap, and massage onto your face and neck. Rinse with warm water.
3FLAT TUMMY LEMON HONEY DRINK
Lemons are high in pectin fiber and low in calories which helps fight hunger cravings. Honey lemon water creates a more alkaline atmosphere in the stomach. This helps lose weight faster. This mix helps cleanse the liver which in turn removes the toxins from the body. Since the body is now free of toxins, metabolism gets boosted and the body starts functioning much better.
- 1 tsp organic, raw unheated honey
- 8 oz water
- Juice of half a lemon
Put honey and lemon juice into a teacup or mug. Add hot water and stir. Drink this in the morning for optimal health and to boost weight loss along with proper diet and exercise.
4COLD AND SORE THROAT LEMON HONEY SYRUP
Honey is a strong antioxidant, full of energizing B vitamins, vitamin C and is antibacterial.
- 1 cup honey
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 16oz jar with lid
How to prepare:
- Add the lemon and honey to the jar in layers. Place 2-3 slices of lemon in the jar and then a few spoonfuls of honey. Repeat until you have used all the produce and the jar is full.
- Screw the lid on tightly and put in the fridge for at least 12 hours before using to allow all the ingredients to combine and the flavors to infuse.
- Simply scoop a tablespoon into a mug and top with boiling water. Try it at the first signs of a sore throat, a cold or simply when you want a soothing, hot drink.
5DETOX TEA RECIPE
The drink is loaded with vitamin C, vitamin B and magnesium. This concoction drains your body from toxins and cleans up your system. Combine green tea with the nutrients and detoxifying benefits of honey and lemon, you’ve got a delicious, healthy, and fat-reducing drink all-in-one.
- 1 cup water
- 1 green tea bag
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
Over medium-low heat, in a small saucepan, combine 1 cup water, 1-inch ginger root, peeled and grated, then bring it to a boil and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Next, steep the green tea bag for 3 minutes in the ginger tea. Discard the teabag and drink while warm. Sweeten with 1 teaspoon honey and add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. For a cold tea, simply add ice and enjoy!
Note: If you are pregnant or taking any medications, consult with your physician before making any changes to your diet.