I love French toast but eating it every day is not good for my health. So, I experimented and tried making this healthy nutritious vegetable French toast. It’s not only delicious but healthy for health too. The best thing about this toast is that you can add as many veggies as you want. You just need 15-20 minutes and it’s easy to prepare. I sometimes also pack it as lunch for my nephew and he enjoys it very much.
French toast contains egg but I have used curd in it instead of egg because my mom is vegetarian and I wanted her to taste it. You can make the French toast with white or brown bread according to your preference. All the ingredients used as really good for health. The toast looks appealing so kids will also love it.
- Bread – 6 to 8 slices
- Semolina -1 cup
- Curd or Cream ¾ cup
- 2 Onions
- 1 Capsicum
- Small Cauliflower
- 2 Boiled potatoes
- 4-5 Green chilies
- Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Red Chili powder to taste
- Finely chop onion, cauliflower, capsicum, green chilies, ginger and coriander leaves.
- Take all the chopped vegetable in a wide mixing bowl. Add chili powder and salt according to your taste.
- Add Semolina and curd into the mixture.
- Mix everything well so that a semi thick batter is formed. If required, add curd accordingly. The batter should be spreadable.
- Arrange bread slices on a chopping table and then put this prepared topping on all the bread slices.
- Heat a pan and add one teaspoon oil. Spread the oil all over the pan to make it greasy so that the batter doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Place the bread on the pan such that the topping side faces downwards. Sprinkle some more oil on sides of the bread and roast it on medium flame.
- Flip over the bread once the side turns golden brown in color. Roast other side too.
Tadaa your healthy vegetable toast is ready to eat. Serve it with tea for morning breakfast or with tomato ketchup for an evening snack.
- You can add as many veggies as you wish, like carrots, beans, spinach etc to the recipe.
- Instead of curd you can also use cream for binding the topping.
- To make it more appealing you can sprinkle grated cheese over it.