Tangerine essential oil is a tangy and zesty oil rich in powerful antioxidants. It invigorates your senses. This fresh aromatic oil is great for your health as well as for your skin and hair. Read to learn more about the benefits associated with tangerine oil.
Tangerine essential oil health benefits
Tangerine oil is known for its antispasmodic, stomachic, sedative and antiseptic properties. Check out the major health benefits associated with tangerine oil:
- Because of its antiseptic properties, it helps to treat stomach infections.
- It boosts digestive system and helps you get rid of flatulence and bloating.
- It helps improve blood circulation and keeps your heart healthy.
- Tangerine oil acts as a blood purifier.
- It helps in relaxation of muscles and nerves.
To reap the benefits, you may mix a drop of tangerine oil with four drops of olive oil, encapsulate the mixture and swallow it. Alternately, add a drop of this ‘happy oil’ to your bottle of water and sip on its goodness throughout the day.
Tangerine essential oil beauty benefits
Tangerine oil works wonders for your skin and hair. It is great for treating acne, stretch marks, pimples, stretch marks and dull skin. It imparts healthy hair by treating scalp infections, rashes and dandruff. Check out the beauty benefits of this rejuvenating oil:
- Add two drops of tangerine oil to 10 ml of jojoba oil. Use it as a massage oil to hydrate your skin and also to maintain its elasticity. Tangerine oil is well-known for its ability to moisturize.
- If acne is the cause behind your sleepless nights, all you need to do is to mix a drop of tangerine oil with four drops of grape-seed oil. Topical application of tangerine oil blended with grapeseed oil helps in controlling acne.
- Add a few drops of tangerine oil to argan oil and use it for nourishing mature skin.
- If you want to prevent the occurrence of stretch marks, mix half-a-cup of sweet almond oil with fifty drops of tangerine oil and use it on your stomach when you are expecting a baby. The best part is that tangerine oil is considered safe during pregnancy. If you don’t want to take a chance, after you have delivered your baby, add a few drops of tangerine oil to your regular massage oil to do away with stretch marks and improve circulation.
- Add two or three drops of tangerine oil to coconut oil and use it on your scalp to control scalp infections.
- If you have been suffering from hair loss, mix two drops of tangerine oil with a tablespoon of sweet almond oil, massage hair roots with the mixture and help strengthen your gorgeous lock.
Tangerine essential oil: a word of safety
- Always dilute tangerine oil before using it.
- If you are considering ingestion of this oil, it is advised that you consult the doctor.
- Do not expose your skin to direct sunlight immediately after a skin treatment involving the use of tangerine oil.