Gram flour, also known as garbanzo bean or chickpea flour or besan, is a powder made from grinding dried chickpeas. Besan helps to improve and brightens the skin complexion. Gram flour, or chickpea flour, has long been used across India as a homemade beauty treatment to lighten and brighten skin. Not only does it brighten up the complexion but also treats a variety of skin problems. It is a great remedy for acne, pimples and oily skin. It also a wonderful remedy to treat your skin from aging and dullness.
Benefits of Gram flour for skin:
- Gram flour helps to absorb excess oil and sebum.
- It removes dirt and excess oil for a glowing skin.
- Nourishes and moisturizes for a soft and supple skin.
- It has natural exfoliating properties to slough off dead skin.
- The gram flour helps to lighten and brighten the skin.
- Firms and tightens the skin.
This combination makes an excellent scrub as gram flour cleanses the skin, yogurt moisturizes it and turmeric provides a glow.
- Two tablespoons gram flour
- One tablespoon natural yogurt
- pinch of turmeric
- Mix gram flour, yogurt and a pinch of turmeric together.
- Apply this mixture over the skin and scrub gently.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes before rinsing off with water.
- Repeat regularly 2 – 3 times a week.
Yogurt contains lactic acid, which gently exfoliates the skin and removes the top layer of dull skin, revealing softer and brighter skin. You can use gram flour to get smooth and soft hair by using it in your hair care routine. Get the gram flour hair mask recipe here.