Fennel is an aromatic and flavourful herb that has several culinary as well as medicinal uses. These seeds generally called ‘sauf’ are generally eaten for the taste but also very healthy owing to the nutrition value attached to it. Fennel bulb is also eaten as a vegetable in some parts of the Mediterranean region. We generally seem to ignore its health benefits and ways of using it for various remedies.
How To Make Fennel Seed Tea:
Make fennel seed tea by pouring 1 cup of boiling water over 1 to 2 teaspoons of slightly crushed organic fennel seeds and let infuse for at least ten minutes.
Here are the top benefits and remedies of fennel seed:
In addition to its popular use as a breath freshener, it helps relieve a number of ailments and facilitates better health due to its stomachic, carminative, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, expectorant, diuretic, emmenagogue, depurative, anticarcinogenic and antioxidant.
Munching on a few fennel seeds will sweeten and refresh your breath after a meal and especially get rid of bad breath after an odorous meal. Its antimicrobial properties fight the germs that cause bad breath.
MENSTRUAL CRAMPS :
Many factors, including stress and poor diet, can interrupt a woman’s regular menstrual cycle. Fennel seeds have emmenagogue properties that promote and regulate menstrual flow. Drink one cup of fennel tea three times daily.
While certain foods can definitely increase your instance of flatulence, most commonly excessive and smelly gas is a result of the food you eat getting trapped or delayed in the lower intestine and fermenting. Chewing on fennel seeds can help prevent this by improving the digestive process. The fiber content of fennel seeds aids digestion, while also helping lower cholesterol.
WEIGHT LOSS :
Fennel tea helps reduce water retention, making it one of the best weight loss teas for you. It boosts your metabolism, allowing you to burn fat faster and regulates your appetite.
GAS AND BLOATING:
Fennel seed has long been used to help fight gas, cramps, acid indigestion, and help ease spasms in the intestinal tract. Fennel tea too could be used to relieve gas problem quickly. You can make homemade fennel seed tea that can help cure stomach gas. This is very effective Home Remedy for Gas and Bloating.
A time-tested way to flush out toxins is the consumption of water that has been infused with spices that boast “cooling” and digestion-boosting properties. Fennel seeds, both rich in fiber and antioxidants, makes an effective detox tea.
- Dried fennel seeds are generally considered safe. So safe in fact that diluted fennel seed tea is often recommended as a treatment for colic in babies.
- Saunf or fennel seeds is a very rich source of manganese. This mineral is used by your body as a co-factor to produce the powerful anti-oxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase — making fennel seeds perfect to beat the onset of cancer.
- Fennel seeds are packed with iron, copper and histidine- all three of which are required for the production of the production and formation of red blood cells. The seeds, when eaten, help increase the iron content in your body, helping in the production of haemoglobin.
- Since saunf has diuretic properties, helps improve digestion and increases your rate of metabolism it is a great, natural way to lose weight. Dry roast some fennel seeds and grind them. Now take a spoon of this powder and mix it into a glass of warm water. Drink this decoction twice a day on an empty stomach for effective results.
- Gargling fennel tea can relieve inflamed gums and treat bad breath.
- Chew on a few fennel seeds right after every meal. This will not only help regulate your blood pressure but will help speed along the digestive process and reduce the load on your heart.