Essential oils helps to minimize damage, treat thinning hair, dandruff, itchy scalp, hair loss, or any scalp irritation and improve the overall health of your hair and scalp while adding freshness and a mild scent to your hair. Adding essential oils to your shampoo is an easy way to increase the effectiveness of your shampoo.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup of shampoo base/ Castile soap or mild shampoo
- 10-20 drops of essential oil
- Plastic bottle
- Make your own homemade shampoo by using a shampoo base and adding in the essential oil to it or chose your favorite shampoo that is mild and unscented.
- Add few drops at a time and then increase the quantity of the oil according to your choice.
- Shake well before you shampoo.
- Massage it into your scalp for few minutes
- Rinse off with cold water to add shine and a fresh scent to your hair.
- Use tea tree oil or peppermint oil to make an anti-dandruff shampoo.
- Lavender oil or rosemary oil help improve hair growth and can be used for all hair types.
- You can chose one essential oil to add to your shampoo or a combination of oils that appeal to your sense of smell and meet your hair needs.
- Essential oils may cause irritation so it is best to test the oils for any allergic reaction before using them. Also, avoid adding to much quantity of the oils to the shampoo.