Dry brushing is a secret and it’s a part of Ayurveda’s cleansing philosophies. Dry brushing is the best way to get smooth soft skin in less than 5 minutes and the moist important things it cost nothing. Basically, dry brushing technique is using a body brush and brushing it on bare skin every morning before taking shower. As the name says, its dry brushing and you don’t wet your body. Simple isn’t? And it claims many health and skin benefits. You just need extra 5 minutes before taking shower to improve blood circulation and to improve skin texture.
Benefits of Dry Brushing:
* It removes dead skin layer and allows the body to breathe
* Stimulates and increases blood circulation
* Reduces cellulite
* Prevents premature aging
* Detoxify Body
* Improves skin texture
* It lessens skin flaking
* Strengthens body immune system
* Gives tighter skin when done regularly
* Natural cellulite treatment
How to use Dry Brush:
1. Best time to do dry brushing is in the morning before shower. You can do this daily once or even twice to stimulate your circulation and help reduce the appearance of cellulite, you will exfoliate the dead skin cells revealing brighter, smoother, softer looking skin.
2. Don’t put too much pressure while brushing, always use light and firmer strokes so that you don’t hurt yourself.
3. Start from soles of your feet then on legs as show in the image using long strokes towards the heart and then towards arm and chest. Avoid using it on sensitive areas of your body or such as areas of skin rash, wounds, cuts, or infections.
4. Don’t forget your back, you can use long-handled brush for this. Brush upwards on the back and down from the neck.
5. Make long sweeps and avoid back and forth motion while brushing.
6. Brush for 2-3 minutes maximum.
7. Once you have covered your entire body, take shower to get rid of the dead skin.
8. Massage a small amount of coconut oil all over the body for a healthy glow.
Dry Brushes for skin Available in India:
Vega Natural Bristle Bath Brush: This brush from Vega has a long wooden handle so one can use it on back, feet and on arms easily. It exfoliates skin completely and removes skin dirt and dead skin. With regular usage your skin will glow and your skin texture will improve. Price: Rs 250
Basicare Body Brush: This basicare body brush is dual purpose brush. It’s two side one for dry brushing and other for wet brushing. It increases blood flow and exfoliates skin. It makes skin plumer and softer with regular use. Price: Rs 415
The Body Shop Cactus Body Brush: This long-handled wooden brush can be used for dry brushing easily. The bristles are soft and gives your body a nice massage. It exfoliates your body and makes your skin texture better with every use. Price: Rs 980
Bare Essential Loofah Bath Brush: This dry brush from bare essential is made from 100% natural and biodegradable material. It gentles cleanses your skin by removing dead skin, blackheads and dirt from your body. It massages body and improves blood circulation. Price: Rs 325