Garlic is used in many beauty and health related problems because of the amazing antibiotic and antifungal properties. It tastes horrible but trust me it can be really beneficial for your hair, nails and skin. Today I’m going to share an amazing DIY recipe for you all. If you’ve dry damaged frizzy hair then this DIY-treatment will be very useful for you all. It’s a recipe of a shampoo which has changed the appearance of my hair and I can’t be enough thankful to the amazing ingredient-Garlic.
DIY Garlic Shampoo:
- Purchase good quality garlic, the one which are purple in color are preferred but if can’t find it then use white one only.
- You’ll need around 15-20 big garlic gloves, peel them and wash in running water.
- Put the garlic in grinder to make a smooth and creamy paste. While grinding, you can add little bit (1 tablespoon) of aloe vera gel for a much smoother consistency.
- Now mix this garlic paste with a mild shampoo which contains fewer chemicals.
- To get rid of the pungent scent you can add few drops peppermint or ylang-ylang essential oil.
Use this shampoo two or three times a week. One DIY-batch can be used for one-two weeks only.
How to Use This Shampoo:
- Before washing, oil-massage your hair and let the oil penetrate for around one hour.
- Shake the shampoo bottle well and take small amount to lather up.
- Keep the shampoo for 3-4 minutes and then rinse off with plain water.
- If the pungent smell is still bothering you, use a fragrant conditioner to make your hair smell good.
- You may find traces of garlic in your hair, however you can get rid of them by7 combing the scalp using a wide tooth comb.
Benefits of Garlic Shampoo:
- Garlic provides proper nourishment to the scalp and hair-follicles which eventually helps in making the hair stronger than before.
- The antibacterial properties of garlic help in fighting with the germs and bacteria so the dandruff and itchy scalp problems will be eliminated.
- Garlic is rich in sulphur which strengthens the scalp and prevents hair-fall issue.
- It also increases the blood circulation which promotes hair-growth and prevents premature graying.
- The high amount of copper in garlic benefits thin hair by making them thick and also adds volume to them.
- with regular usage you will see amazing effects in hair texture because garlic makes scalp stronger and repairs damaged hair-follicles.