It is essential to detox your skin once in a while just as you detox your body internally! External cleansing is as important as internal cleansing. There is a lot of skin detoxing masks available in the market, but only the high-end brands show good results which often poke a hole in your pocket! Why spend ransom money when you can use simple and pure ingredients and get better results?
Charcoal is a well-known internal body detoxing agent which works the same when used externally. Below is a recipe for charcoal detox body mask along with its benefits:
- Charcoal can do varied tasks because of its amazing ability to attract other substances to its surface and hold them there. This is called adsorption. Charcoal can adsorb thousands of times its own weight in gases, heavy metals, poisons, and other chemicals, thus making them ineffective or harmless. DIY Charcoal Beauty Products>>
- Charcoal adsorbs all the skin impurities, excess oil and cleanses the pores thereby detoxifying it from the core.
- Because activated charcoal removes toxins, it can help reduce the instances of body acne and other skin impurities.
- Lemon too has skin purifying and detoxing properties.
- Regular use of this mask not only detox the body but also adds a healthy glow and brightens it too as lemon has bleaching properties.
RECIPE FOR DIY DETOX CHARCOAL BODY MASK:
Things you need:
- you need 4 to 5 tablespoons of activated charcoal powder
- enough lemon juice to make a paste out of it.
Method: In a bowl, add in 4-5 tablespoons of charcoal powder and add in enough lemon juice so as to obtain a thick spreadable paste. If you have very dry skin, you can also add in full-fat cream but then the mask won’t dry up and you will need to wash it off after 5 minutes. On dry skin, apply the mask and let it dry. Wash off with plain water followed by using a liquid shower gel or any soap that you use.