Homemade shampoo recipes are getting quite popular thanks to the increasing demand of natural hair care. Commercial shampoos, rather any hair care product consists of a lot of toxic ingredients and it is important to detox your hair care routine to keep your hair healthy and prevent it from possible harmful effects from unwanted chemicals in commercial products. Here is a recipe for coffee shampoo that can give you shiny, healthy and lustrous hair:
BENEFITS OF COFFEE FOR HAIR:
- Natural ground coffee is an excellent ingredient you can use as a hair treatment for some serious hair growth. With the help of coffee, you can also add beautiful healthy glow and even naturally dye your hair.
- Coffee softens, adds shine to hair and also brings out the highlights in your hair. Coffee helps to make your hair super shiny and gets rid of any build up from the hair for a healthy scalp. It has been used for centuries as a hair dye, as it’s cheaper and not damaging to your hair.
- Caffeine increases your circulation can be applied to hair growth. When massaged into your scalp, it can help stimulate hair follicles to speed up growth.
RECIPE FOR COFFEE SHAMPOO:
Things you need-
- 1 tablespoon instant organic coffee
- 1 cup liquid castile soap
- 1 teaspoon organic honey (added shine and softness)
- Essential oil – few drops (optional)
In a bowl, add castile soap and instant coffee. Add in honey and stir gently until everything is well-incorporated.
Pour the mixture in a pump bottle and your coffee shampoo is ready! READ MORE – DIY COFFEE ICE CUBES TO GET RID OF DARK CIRCLES AND PUFFY EYES