Shiny hair is what we all wish for. Shiny and glossy hair is a sign of healthy hair that is strong and lustrous. Not all are blessed with shiny hair. Frizz, split ends and uneven rough texture makes hair lose its shine because it cannot reflect light in one direction. In order to make and maintain your hair healthy and shiny, you need to take good care of your hair and DIY hair masks are one way to do that. Below is a DIY hair mask to make your hair shiny and healthy along with its benefits:
- The caffeine in coffee stimulates the follicle’s ability to produce hair thus making hair thicker.
- Coffee helps add shiny coating on your hair, making it reflect more light.
- Castor oil is well known to make hair shiny and also stimulate hair growth.
- Coconut oil adds shine to hair, makes it thicker, stimulates growth or new hair, reduces frizz and makes hair soft and shiny.
- Yogurt contains beneficial cultures that keep dandruff and other scalp problems at bay, makes hair less oily and very shiny.
- The mask when used regularly improves the texture of hair, speeds up hair growth and makes it very silky, shiny and soft.
RECIPE OF HAIR MASK FOR HAIR SHINE:
Things you need: To make this hair shine mask, you need 1 tablespoon of instant coffee powder, 1 Tea spoon of castor oil, 1 teaspoon of extra virgin raw coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
Method: In a bowl, add in the castor oil and coconut oil. To the oils, add coffee powder and mix it well. There should be no coffee lumps in it. Now, add in the yogurt and combine everything thoroughly. Make sure there are no yogurt lumps as well. Once the mask is smooth and applicable, make partitions in your hair and apply the mask on your scalp and hair both. Massage for few minutes and tie a high bun. You can also wrap a towel n your head soaked (soaked and squeezed) in hot water for good results. Shampoo it off after 2 hours. BEAUTY DIY: COFFEE EYE MASK TO GET RID OF DARK CIRCLES