COCONUT OIL HAND SOAP
Make your own natural hand soap for soft, smooth hands.
you will need:
- A bar of soap (all natural and unscented)
- Coconut Oil
- Essential oils (optional)
How to make your soap:
- First, grate the entire bar of soap with your cheese grater and put it in a pot.
- Pour 8-10 cups of water over the grated soap.
- Add 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- Heat the soap, coconut oil and water on medium heat until all the soap and coconut oil have dissolved.
- Once everything is dissolved, remove the pot from the heat and let it cool.
- If you want to add 10-20 drops of essential oils for fragrance you can do so now.
- Now you let it sit and cool. I stirred about once an hour to keep my essential oils blended in.
- After about 5 hours of cooling and pour the soap into the pump bottle. If the soap is thick, then stir it with a whisk and added another cup of water for a perfect consistency.
COCONUT OIL BATH MELTS
Moisturize your skin and hair while in the shower with these bath melts.
- 1 cup cocoa butter
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 10-20 drops of lavender essential oil
- . Shave cocoa butter into small pieces and flakes.
- Place the cocoa butter and coconut oil in a bowl over a double boiler. Stir occasionally until it’s completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in lavender essential oil. Pour into a silicone mold and let cool for 20 minutes. Put in fridge for a few hours to completely solidify. Remove from molds. Store in a cool, dry place.
To use: add to your bath water and let it melt as you relax. Be careful, as coconut oil can make your bathtub slippery. Shelf life: 3 months.
COCONUT OIL LOTION BARS
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Shea Butter or Cocoa Butter
- 2/3 cup grated beeswax
- 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- Few drops of Essential Oils
Use a double boiler to melt the coconut oil, shea butter and beeswax. Stir in-between, until the mixture is liquid and smooth. Turn off the heat and add in the vitamin e oil and essential oils. Quickly pour into whatever molds you are using. I highly recommend silicon muffin cups or molds. Leave in molds for at least 4 hours or overnight and carefully pop them out of molds.
To use, smooth the lotion bar on dry skin just like you would use a body lotion to moisturize and soften the skin. Keep the lotion bars in cool, dry place as coconut oil will melt in extreme temperate. Shelf life: 6 months.
COCONUT OIL BATH SALTS
Nourish, moisturize and hydrate the skin while in the shower with this amazing coconut oil bath salts recipe.
You will need:
- Epsom Salt – 1 cup
- Lavender Essential Oil – 10-15 drops
- Coconut Oil – 2 tbsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 cup
- Coconut Milk – 1/4 cup
- Food coloring ( optional)
To use, simply add desired amount to running bath water and stir to dissolve. Then relax in your bath for ten to twenty minutes to soak in the benefits. Try it once a week to help keep dry skin or body acne at bay.