Apple cider vinegar or simply ACV is great for skin, hair and health and has some great benefits! A lot of people drink Acv in the morning with warm water which helps clear the intestines but it can be tough to drink it without gagging! Also, drinking acv on a daily basis on empty stomach can turn nauseatic over a period of time. There are a lot of ACV drinks that you can try; this can be beneficial especially if you add in healthy ingredients that not only enhances the taste but also its health benefits. Below is a simple DIY Acv detox drink recipe that you can make along with its health benefits:
- Organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar contains “mother,” strands of proteins and enzymes and friendly bacteria that give the product a murky, cobweb-like appearance.It is high in acetic acid that is great for your health, skin, and hair.
- ACV inhibits bacteria that do not have the growing conditions under such acidic environment. This is what happens in the intestines and it keeps your body free of invading unwanted bacteria.
- Drinking Apple cider vinegar daily improves your digestion and speeds up metabolism. More: Top 10 health benefits of ACV >>
- Regular consumption of this drink helps you get rid of bad breath.
- Honey contains all the essential nutrients and enzymes making it antimicrobial and a great antioxidant.
- Honey helps fight fat cells in the body. One cannot get immediate results; change can be seen only gradually with little exercise. These 2 ingredients catalysis the fat burning process which leads to gradual weight loss.
- Cinnamon can help ease digestive issues like indigestion and cramping. Cinnamon can actually slow down the process of moving food into your stomach. This is a good thing for those attempting to lose weight because this activity will help you feel full for a longer period of time.
- The drink is effective is consumed warm on an empty stomach. You can also drink this as a substitute for any beverage with ice cubes or just chilled.
RECIPE FOR DIY APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DRINK:
Things you need: To make this tasty ACV health drink, you need 2-3 teaspoons raw honey (more or less depending on your taste preferences), 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder, 1 tablespoon of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar and 2 cups of warm or cold water.
Method: Add all the ingredients into a mason jar or glass and pour water on it. Mix it well and consume! You can either have it warm or use chilled water or ice. You can filter the liquid to remove any particles but I prefer not to filter since the particles provide roughage.
- Don’t drink undiluted ACV.
- You can also drink the diluted apple cider vinegar with a straw to protect your tooth enamel.
- If you take medication then consult with your doctor before drinking ACV.
- For best results, combine ACV consumption with other healthy lifestyle changes.