The silky smooth and radiant tresses of celebrities always leave us drooling. While they do not mind spending extravagantly on their hair care routine, you can attain the same results well within your budget. Honey is one such ingredient that could help you add the radiance while keeping your hair conditioned. Here are some honey-based hair masks that you could try!
Honey magic for dry damaged hair:
This mixture conditions your frizzy, dry and damaged hair and adds a lovely shine to it.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix 1 Tbsp. of egg based mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons honey, few drops of vitamin E oil and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Wet your hair and apply the mixture.
- Wait for 15 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
Honey Rinse for soft hair:
If you have raw honey in your kitchen, then you can easily prepare this mask. Dissolve ¼ cup of honey in water till you get a concoction of spreadable consistency. Apply it on your wet air, a little at a time, spreading out evenly. Wait for few mins before washing away thoroughly with warm water. DIY all natural homemade honey shampoo for shiny hair >>
Honey and Castor Oil for hair growth:
Castor oil moisturizes the hair roots and hair alike, nourishing and promoting hair growth. This mask is packed generously with nutrients essential for your hair and hence makes it one of the best honey-based hair masks.
- In a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of ale vera gel followed by 1 tablespoon of castor oil and 2 tablespoons of raw organic honey. Give it a good mix.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water.
- Apply,the mask on the hair, like you apply shampoo.
- Wait for 10 minutes and then wash off with warm water.
Greek yogurt and honey for soft and shiny hair :
The benefits of greek yogurt and honey together for hair growth and keeping it conditioned are well-known. The inclusion of yogurt in this mask keeps your scalp flake-free.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon greek yogurt and 2 tablespons of raw organic honey until the mixture is well combines and smooth.
- Increase the quantity depending on your hair length.
- Apply this on your hair.
- Leave for half an hour and wash off with warm water.
- Mix 4 tbsp in 2-liter water and rinse off.
- Wash off with water again, if you feel the hair is still sticky.
Banana With Honey for split ends :
Bananas are good sources of B-vitamins and potassium, two essential nutrients for hair growth. The coconut oil keeps the scalp and hair hydrated while honey conditions the hair and adds shine.
- Honey – ½ cup + 4 Tbsp
- Bananas – 2 small overripe
- Coconut oil – ¼ cup
- Using a fork mash the banana thoroughly.
- Add ½ cup honey and coconut oil and mash the mixture into dripping consistency.
- Apply on your scalp and hair evenly and wait for 20 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Follow up with your usual shampoo.
- eliminate banana chunks, if any, from your hair and rinse again.
- Mix 4 tbsp honey with 2 liters of water and use it as the final rinse.
These are some simple honey hair masks you can try. Are there any other honey-based hair masks you have tried? Share your recipes and experiences with us!