Obesity is on the surge, and that too at a skyrocketing pace. While a good diet rich in whole grains, proteins, and healthy fats and a fabulous exercise regimen play pivotal roles in weight loss, many a time you might need the help from herbs to enhance the results. Ayurveda has played a major role in promoting weight loss through herbs. These herbs help in averting fluid retention, promoting metabolism, curbing appetite levels, and thus ensuring you adorable weight loss. Catch up with us as we guide you through some really powerful herbs that you can use to boost your results…
5 Ayurvedic Herbs For Better Weight Loss
- Vrikshamla – Garcinia Cambogia: Loaded with hydroxycitric acid, it is one of the most sought after herbs to lose weight. It is known to prevent the accumulation of fat and modify the functioning of genes related to fat synthesis. You need about 3000 mg of garcinia a day to ensure that you are getting the results you yearn for.
- Guggul – Commiphora Mukul Resin: This is used in cases of obesity induced by high levels of lipids. The lipid levels are balanced by lowering the levels of low density lipoprotein [bad cholesterol] as well as the triglycerides. It is also known to be beneficial for improving the levels of high density lipoprotein.
- Triphala: This is yet another powerful Ayurvedic solutions for overweight, especially abdominal obesity. A blend of three fruits – Amla, Haritaki, and Bibhitaka, Triphala is beneficial to ward off inflammation and improve your lean body mass. It also detoxifies your body, curbs the levels of excessive sugars in blood, and eliminates fluid retention.
- Trikatu: Trikatu complements the functioning of Triphala. It comprises of three peppers – black pepper, long pepper, and dried ginger. It boosts the digestive fire in your upper gastrointestinal tract and helps in better breaking down and absorption of nutrients. It is also powerful enough to eliminate the toxins and waste from your body, ensuring better rates of metabolism. The higher the metabolism is, the better the weight loss will be. This pungent powder also regulates the levels of triglycerides, thereby easing cholesterol induced weight gain.
- Ashwagandha: Stress is one of the major triggers of weight loss; the higher your stress levels are, the more cortisol secreted is. And, this in turn results in unwanted weight gain that you may find really tough to lose. Ashwangdha is an effective stress buster that you can try to bring the levels of cortisol under control and enjoy better weight loss.
While all these Ayurvedic herbs do render weight loss, the effect varies with person. No two persons get the same results with the same herb. You need to analyze the underlying cause for overweight and then use the herb accordingly. And the best way for that, visit a qualified Ayurvedic professional and seek help.
Stay healthy! Stay safe!